Shalom from South Africa

Shalom, Sawubona and hello,

I remember when I first found the Instagram page for OTDIJH. How over the last few years they have grown exponentially to the point we see today with their own community page. One of the key aspects of the history of the Jews is our ability to stick together as a community. In this digital age, we are spoiled with choices of online communities to join and associate with. I see a bright future for this community to grow.

A little about me:
I am from Johannesburg, South Africa. A continuously shrinking community as conditions become hostile, we are still proud of our history and our people. Even in the face of government opposition, we refuse to stand down from our strong presence in business, entertainment and sport. Even when they try to boycott us for our Zionism we stay strong here.

I have worked with the team at Jewish Original since April 2022 and hope to continue for much longer. History has always been an interest for me and being able to share that with others through my writing.
An avid reader and cinemagoer, there will seldom not be a reference to a favourite of mine not hidden in the cracks of my writing.

There are a lot of possibilities for this community to grow and how different people can interact. See, I may not be the most religious but my love for Jewish history and culture is never waning. I have already thought of other ways I can contribute in my own unique way to the community and I cannot wait to see how others do.

I am sure you will hear from me soon.

Until then,
I am Matthew and I am pleased to be a part of this next step.

5 Likes

Love this! Excited for you guys and for the community:)

1 Like

Wonderful post @matthewk1000 looking forward to connecting with you about cinema, culture and more. Thank you for standing strong in Johannesburg. I agree, I am excited to see how this community grows!

3 Likes