A Thread for Jewish, Hebrew, and Israeli Music Favorites 🎶

This post starts a dedicated thread to our favorite Jewish, Hebrew, and Israeli music. This is an open invitation to share the music that moves you. Share YouTube links, Spotify links, or any format you prefer. Click “reply” at the bottom of this post.

To get us started…

Matisyahu - Jerusalem (Out Of Darkness Comes Light)

This song will always hold a special place in my heart. It was during my Birthright trip, on the bus ride into Jerusalem, that this song came blasting on, bringing me to life.

Looking forward to hearing your favorites!

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for starting this thread @andykatz - Matis is def my fave.

Recently I’ve also really connected with the music of Rav Shlomo Katz, Moshav Band, and Zusha.

I have a playlist on Spotify I care about a lot called “Descendance” where I accumulate my top Jewish songs. Its recommended to play pre-Shabbat as you get ready for the special day. Check it out here: Spotify

Can anybody guess the purpose / meaning behind the name of the playlist? Let me know below.

What are your fave Jewish / Israeli songs and artists?

3 Likes

In Dec. 2019, I went on a voluteer program at the Abraham’s hostel in Jerusalem and before embarking on this journey - to this place which I only knew information though books, such as the Bible, I dedicated some time to research about music and cuisine. Regarding music, I really enjoyed the songs played by a band called Miqedem. Here’s one their songs which I really like!

4 Likes

I’m getting into this old school style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb4FeOsV-8s

4 Likes

@DCarson95 that was really good. Thanks for sharing - immediately teleported in time to a bustling 70’s TLV vibe.

2 Likes

I like #Moshav as well and have them on my Spotify.

I’ve been listening to more than usual of Israeli/Jewish music since 10/7. Some spiritual and some secular.

Some old school (like David Broza, Ofra Chaza and Feenjon Group) to Ishia Ribo, Omer Adam, Gad Elbaz and Nissim Black.

I love all the sounds of Jewish music-from our ancient chanted melodies to the sounds from the east, west, north and south of the diaspora.

I love this group too “Revivo Project”
https://youtu.be/-Hc4PAsiazY?feature=shared

3 Likes